Monday, November 22, 2010

EDU 3051 Class 11/22

Today we presented our disability awareness projects. Each student was assigned a different type of disability. We researched our disabilities and created a PowerPoint. We then presented our PowerPoints to teach one another about different disabilities. I chose to do my presentation on autism. I researched autism and taught the class what I learned. I told what autism is and gave some facts and characteristics. I also gave some ways to modify and accommodate for students with autism.This will be helpful when we become teachers.

After our presentations, Dr. Damiri lectured about visual and hearing impairments. This will be helpful since we have to modify our next lesson plan for students with visual and hearing impairments. This information will also come in handy when we get into the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment