Saturday, May 21, 2011

EDU 4080 5/19

Today, we spent the entire class teaching lesson plans. I went first and taught a lesson I had written teaching number words to Kindergarteners. I focused on the numbers 4 and 5, and I taught the words for these number in both English and Spanish.

I worked very hard on incorporating technology into my lesson. I spent a lot of time preparing a SMART board presentation. I was very pleased how it turned out. However, I feel that I may need to put more into my lesson to fill the time. It is always better to have more than you need than not enough. I also feel that I need to continue working on my voice and confidence. I sometimes get a little nervous, and my voice gets quiet.

I always enjoy the days where we get to teach in front of one another. It allows us all to give and receive constructive criticism. I know that the comments I get from my classmates are always extremely helpful, and I take them into consideration when I write my next lesson plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment